Sunday, December 6, 2009

Surf City x Pizza x Detroit Bar x Alejandro's x Collossal KNXN =...

Saturday Night, December 5th, 2009. Recap. First up, dinner time. Time for a slice at Surf City Pizza. I wrote a review of it here. They know me here by name. We chat for a few minutes while the slices are in the oven. Friendly service, but do not order delivery. It could take up to two hours.




The slices are perfect, but the interior of Surf City Pizza is what takes it to the next level. Surfboards, pictures of waves, vintage pictures of Huntington Beach... basically anything to do with Surfing or Surf City, HB.





Highly recommended for a slice or a pie to pick up. I love the crust. It's slightly salty and crispy, which I like. All I really get there is the pizza, so I cannot really comment on much else on their menu. Their buffalo wings are okay.

Next up, Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa. Colossal KNXN were spinning and boy oh boy, did they kill it! They played all the hits; old school, new school, house, hip hop, motown, everything. I was very pleased and impressed with the DJs and the crowd. Friendly , good looking people out for a good time.



I was drinking Amstel Lights and finishing up my boy's shots of Patron. Detroit is always a cool if you bring a positive attitude and know how to have a good time.



Last stop, Alejandro's right in the same parking lot as Detroit. As you can see, I judge a Mexican spot by their carne asada burrito. Alejandro's did not disappoint. Their carne asada is perfection in a tortilla. While their salsa is not what I would call top notch, their burrito was exactly what I desired at 1AM. It was hard to get a picture of my food, but trust me, it was delicious. The tacos also looked scrumptious.







Made it home safe and sound. Good times, good food, good music...

No comments:

Post a Comment