Friday, December 4, 2009

Giant Slices of Pizza!!

Not only do I love pizza, but I especially love giant slices of pizza. The first place I think of when I talk about giant slices is a little spot in Huntington Beach called Pizza D'Oro down on Newland and Indianapolis. I grew up in the area and this was my first exposure to a slice that was so big it would fall over the edges of most plates.

Cooking giant slices is tricky because you are essentially reheating/ recooking them. I love when they cook those pepperonis up nice and hot.

Pizza D'Oro is the standard to which I hold all other giant slices to. The operation has those red and white checkered tablecloths and give really good service. It is one of the best and biggest slice of pepperoni pizza around. The slice combo also comes with a nice salad with mozzerella cheese and a few pepperonis on it as well.



The other location I have discovered is called Giant Manhattan Pizza in the city of Anaheim on Brookhurst and Katella. One day I had an hour lunch after a training in the area and found this gem. One of the special things Giant Manhattan brings to the table is they cut up the slice for you. It makes it much easier to eat. They also serve up the slices on a food tray to show you the true power of their pie. I included a shot of a full pie about to get sauced and cheesed so you could behold the power of their pizza.







Giant Manhattan is also excellent pizza, but it will take some time to get their slice, so don't expect your food to come out quick. Good food takes time. Your patience will pay off.

Do you have any favorite places to get a slice at?

1 comment:

  1. i'm naming my first born Pizza D'Oro, that's how good those giant slices are. You can actually order a whole pizza in that size, I think they call it the Oprah special or something like that.

    ReplyDelete