Thursday, June 3, 2010

THROWBACK THURSDAY x EXCITEBIKE NES



Excitebike… another underrated Nintendo NES game.



I loved the sound of the engines, the simplicity of the game, the colors of the bikers, and the colors of the tracks. In my fantasy Excitebike world, I wanted to control the Baby Blue racer on a created Kawasaki (light green/ level 2) track.

I also always considered the Purple racers to be brothers. And those guys would drive me nuts.



Excitebike also taught me some real life lessons, like don’t overheat. When you are in the red, don’t push it. Ease up. That’s how you will finish the race with best time.



Another concept that made Excitebike so great/ revolutionary was how you could design your own track. I never figured out how to save it, but I used to love to design insane jumps and courses.




Excitebike… eXtreme eXcitement!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment