Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Proud to be an American...

Major League Baseball teams who play on National holidays like Memorial Day or 4th of July wear special hats on those special occasions. A portion of the proceeds that New Era receives go to Welcome Back Veterans.org, a foundation to help out returning military soldiers.

There are only two versions of these hats, the red in 2009 and the blue in 2008. These are some of my favorite combinations...


The Dodgers are Vin Scully, Tommy Lasorda, Fernando-mania, Kirk Gibson and of course Farmer John's Dodger Dogs.... I mean the Dodgers are classic. And I didn't even mention Jackie Robinson, although he never played in LA.


Yankees = America. All the greats have played here.


What about the Capital, Washington DC? These are the Senators, and yes, that's a baseball team now, and yes, they suck.


This cap gives you an idea of what the inside of the letter looks like. I'm personally not crazy about this Rangers hat, but I did want to see what the stars & stripes design looked like a little bit better.


There is just something I like about that Royals lettering. The team is eternally sorry, but that KC is nice. Maybe it's just a reminder of the Bo Jackson days, I'm not sure, but I like it.


What about the Canadians? They can participate in the fun as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment