Monday, January 4, 2010

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim hats...

The Angels are my local team. I grew up right down the street from Anaheim Stadium and have seen them through their best and worst seasons. This post has nothing to do with their ability on the field... it has to do with how their hat looked.

The Angels have had basically five different hat designs. Let me know if you disagree with the rankings.


#5. This piece of shit right here. This hat came about when Disney bought the team. Disney can do a lot of things great, but running a baseball team isn't one of them. These were the dark days of being an Angels fan. They looked so bad that they had to play bad. It wouldn't have made sense for them to play good when sporting these caps.


#4. When I saw this hat I started to get worried about their name slowly changing. The Big A that I was raised on could have either stood for Anaheim or Angels. So when they threw that C in there I was concerned about them moving or changing their name. Looks like I was right.


#3. Small a style. Cute little halo tilted to the front. This is like an elementary school design. Some Tee Ball maybe or Little League. The big boys wear capital letters. I love that two-tone blue cap with the red bill.


#2. The new school. We recaptured some of the glory of the greatest hat, but that red is kind of bright for me. It's a bright red, not a blood red. I love that Big A on there. It's our landmark, love it or hate it.


#1. The best one of all. It has all the elements I like. The capital A. The two tone hat with the red and the blue. For some reason it immediately reminds me of Wally Joyner. Take a nice long look at it and tell me I'm wrong. Sorry I couldn't find a better picture, but this is going to have to do... Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment