Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Orange County BBQ Festival Part 2

I was going to the Orange County BBQ Festival no matter what, but when I heard Slap Yo Daddy BBQ was going to be there, I knew it was going to be a delight to the senses.



Slap Yo Daddy is one of the BBQ teams featured on TLC's "BBQ Pitmasters." That show was what really got me into making it to this festival. I loved BBQ before the show, but watching the show took my passion to the next level.



When we first walked up to their booth there was a pack of people around them. We just stood behind them thinking we were getting some of Harry's award winning BBQ. He looked at the crowd and said, “Not ready yet! Come back in a little bit!!" Classic Harry if you watch the show.

I think I said "Slap Yo Daddy" at least 50 times this weekend. I love saying it.



Slap Yo Daddy had the longest line all day long, and that was only five minutes.



They did their BBQ a little different offering some of their meat on top of noodles. I passed on that. Just give me the meat.



Their pulled pork was everything people hyped it up to be. Flavorful and delicious. They were even taking the time to pour the juices from the meat back onto your snack sized portion.

Excellent service as well. Friendly folks running their booth.



Besides food, the festival also had a kid’s area. Look at this dino.

The kids climb up his back and slide down his neck out of his mouth. What an asshole!



Look how this kid is dressed. I blame it on his parents. I was about to Slap His Daddy.

Dude, you're 13, this is a game for 6 year olds.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahah! If you didn't make it to the BBQ festival you really don't know what you missed. Aside from the good food, people watching was at its finest!

    ReplyDelete