Monday, December 28, 2009

New Era 59FIFTY NHL hats....

Most of the posts on here have to do with baseball or football teams, but don't think that I have slept on some of those classic NHL hockey logos. Some of these teams no longer exist, but their logos will never die.

I also like the colors for some of these older 1980's teams. The teams today rarely have the beautiful color schemes that they used to have back in the day.

First up, the classic... Hartford Whalers. This is the hat that motivated me to do this post. This simple logo brings a smile to my face. I realize that some people might say blue and green don't really match too well, but I don't give a shit, the hat looks nice to me...






If you know anything about hockey then you know that the Edmonton Oilers were the best franchise in all of hockey in the 1980s. Somehow they not only landed the great one, Wayne Gretzky, but they also acquired a boatload of more Hall of Famers. The team's ability has nothing to do with their logo, I just think that this blue and orange is nice and you can't go wrong with a team that has a few Stanley Cups in their back pocket...





Minnesota North Stars...the eternally classic green and yellow. If you are ever lost in the wilderness, look for the the brightest star in the sky. Start walking that direction. It will take you to the North Star in the Alpha Centauri galaxy...





Last up, Buffalo Sabres. I almost skipped this one, but the fact that the Buffalo has those red eyes... I had to throw it in. I like that shade of blue that they use. A simple classic logo. I would buy a hamburger from this franchise if they were available.





Check out the full collection of the New Era 59FIFTY NHL TM hats here....

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about green and gold... great color combination.

    ReplyDelete