Monday, November 30, 2009

Cooperstown Collection x New Era

I realize it is not baseball season, but as I was flipping through Lids.com this past Black Friday, my eye continued to roam back to the MLB section. I feel like MLB hats are a little tighter than NFL, NBA and College hats mainly because it is essentially like wearing your favorite player's uniform.

Most of these hats I have pictured below are throwbacks from the Cooperstown Collection put out in collaboration with New Era, but I did throw in one modern day hat because I think we have all slept on it a little bit.



First up, Old School Phillies. Whoever thought of baby blue and marroon? That is a questionable decision right there. But after much reflection, this color scheme has grown on me. It makes me feel young again. Like I can open up a pack of baseball cards and eat the gum.



Montreal Expos. That cursive M is legit, as well as those different colored side panels. That red, white and blue makes me feel patriotic, however it is a Canadian team, so it confuses me.



This bird is up to something. It's like he knows something that I don't know. And it's a real good secret. He's a good guy though.



This is very Atari 2600. Not Nintendo or Commodore 64, because I never had a Commodore. That icon/ baseball player is right off an old school Atari 2600 cartridge. Just make sure you blow on it before you put it in.

I also love how it is spelled "Sox." We didn't know how to spell way before cell phones came out.



When this hat came out, kids went bonkers. The White Sox gained about 100,000 new fans. Every gang banger with a Raiders or LA Kings jacket now had a new cap to rock around the hood. Color out a small part of that "o" in Sox and it becomes "Sex." This cap is way underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment