Tuesday, May 12, 2009

If you had $100,000 to play with in the Stock Market...


What would you do? This website allows you to invest $100,000 in the market and see how well you do with it. My annual return as of this post is 2.11%. Better not quit my day job.

Here is who has been good to me. Cigarette companies. Altria (...MO) and RJ Reynolds (RAI). They get their customers hooked young and for life. They have survived a number of lawsuits. They are a good business.

Edison International (EIX). One summer it was about 100 degrees for a week straight in Tustin. So I ran the A/C. When the bill came in I nearly crapped my pants. Then I thought about all those assholes in the Inland Empire and thought to myself, "These guys must pay a fortune to these guys at Edison." People can live without jewelry. They can't live without A/C.

Nike (NKE). I believe in Jordan.

Coors (TAP). Now I don't believe in Coors regular, but Coors Light... with the cold activated mountains... Handsome California Boy likes that.

Apple (AAPL). I work with high school kids. Ipods are not going away. I would suggest investing in a hearing device company, but I do not have a company to suggest yet. These damn kids are going to have some hearing problems. Let's make money off of that.

I also like Marvel (MVL), Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Fantastic Four... that's money in the bank. And I like Costco (COST). People go crazy for that place. An addiction similar to crystal meth. I hope that helps you get started.

I am just trying to help you out...

No comments:

Post a Comment